Thursday, April 17, 2014

C is for Cardi


After enduring both rain and snow earlier this week, we've seen absolutely perfect spring weather these past two days.  Flowers and trees are blooming, the sky has been a beautiful blue, and the temperatures have been in the high 60's.  I love this time of year when I can slip on a pair of flip-flops but still wear a light cardigan without sweating.  For the fashion impaired, cardi is affectionate shorthand for cardigan, hence the title of this post.  And I admit, I own a lot of cardis.  And a lot of flip-flops for that matter. No wonder I am so cheery these days.

I've been in my home for the last 10 years, and from the street it looks like a small bungalow with a front lawn and some shrubs and plants.  But it is actually a condo, so I haven't done any yard work in those ten years which is exactly how I like it.  Despite my black thumb and lack of attention to anything outdoors, every spring random flowers appear in my raggedy beds.  Right now, a single pink tulip stands by my front door.  It looks fragile but is surprisingly sturdy; it has already survived severe thunderstorms and a late frost.

The comfort of a cotton sweater, the sassy smack of a flip-flop, the resilience of a tulip - they all signal spring.   This year more than ever before, I am embracing the spring themes of hope, faith and new beginnings. I'm sure that pink tulip has sprung up for years, but this year I admire it and am inspired by it. And this year, I have new pink flip-flops - I'm ready for the season and wherever the journey may lead.  

1 comment:

  1. yay for the cardigan post! and i've admired that single tulip too :-)

    beth

    ReplyDelete